Rules and application form
The First International Piano Competition”Young Chopin” for children and youth /Martigny 2018/ will be held between 14 and 18 October 2018 at Maison de la Musique in Martigny.
1. Categories >>
There are three age categories:
Category I - for contestants aged 12 years and under /one stage/
Category II - for contestants aged 15 years and under /one stage/
Category III - for contestants aged 18 years and under /two stages/
- The competition is open to children from over the world and all nationalities. Three places are reserved for children from Switzerland. The number of contestants is limited. Ten by each category.
- Contestants who do not attend state-run music schools are also free to participate.
- Should participants fall to comply with the rules and regulations they will be excluded from the competition.
2. Application >>
Application form should be filled and sent in by 15th June 2018 along with a confirmed copy of the birth document, link of his video- recording on youtube , a bank payment receipt and one passport photograph to the following address:
or by post
Institut F. Chopin en Suisse
Grand Rue 22
Participants are obliged to pay the entrance fee of -100 CHF swiss francs to the account of Institut F. Chopin en Suisse bank account number:
Institut Frédéric Chopin en Suisse
Banque Raiffeisen Mont-Tendre
IBAN CH39 8044 5000 0053 3877 8
- The total prize will come to about CHF 5.000 and an invitation for concerts in the prestigious halls in Switzerland, Germany and Poland.
- The entrance fee transfer cost is to be covered by the participants or by institutions which delegate them.
- No application entered after 15th June 2018 shall be accepted.
3. Participation >>
By the 5th July 2018, 30 applicants will receive a letter confirming their participation in the contest in Switzerland.
- Candidates whose applications will not be accepted after the preselection round on youtube will not receive their entrance fee back.The entrance fee shall not be returned also to a candidate who withdraws their application after 15th June 2018 or fails to appear at the audition in Montreux
- Participation costs i.e.journey, accommodation and board are covered by the participants. However, candidates quartered in Fondation Waddilove in Villeneuve or in Auberge de Jeunesse in Territet will pay only 30 CHF per day. The villa is equipped by the rooms /5persons or 9 persons in the dormitory/ one kitchen and the bathrooms.
- The participants of the competition can aslo book accommodation themselves in Villeneuve or Montreux.
- Participants need to record the preliminary program using a good quality recorder and camera. The movie should show the whole profile of the child. The pieces need to be perform by heart with regard to repetition marked.
- The program will be performed in the order stated in the application.
- The participants of respective age categories will perform in the alphabetical order, starting with the letter which will be drawn by a special body. The drawing will be held in the Competition office on 5th July 2018. The organizers reserve the possible change of the order of performances.
- Not more than a half of the number of Category III participants will get from Stage 1 to Stage 2. They will perform in the alphabetical order starting with the letter drawn before Stage 1.
- It is admitted to use all editions. It is advisable to use national publication edited by prof. Jan Ekier.
- The Jury may interrupt the performance of the time limit is exceeded.
- The competition is open to the public.
4. Jury & Laureates >>
Members of the Jury are very known pianists and professors nominated by F. Chopin Institute in Switzerland. They are also the members of the jury of the International Chopin Competition in Warsaw. National Chopin Institute in Poland and Mrs Martha Argerich gave an honorary partonage to the competition “Young Chopin”
- The verdict of the Jury is final and may not be sued.
- The presentations will be awarded scores from 1 to 25.
- The participants who is granted 21 or more becomes a laureate.
- The distribution of the awards is exclusive responsibility of the Jury.
- Laureates of all the age categories are obliged to perform in the Laureates Concert as accompanying events without extra gratification on 18th October 2018
- The Laureates Concert programmed is set by the Jury.
5. Other arrangements >>
No extra gratification will be granted to performers for publishing their contest recordings or photos on radio, press and TV. Contest participants are obliged to comply with all the rules stated above, none of which can be appealed against. Additional information may be obtained from the Competition office at
Institut F. Chopin en Suisse
Grand Rue 22
Tél : +41 77 489 81 66
Email : email@example.com